Folsom Name Change Attorneys Rancho Cordova

Name Change

Name Change


Folsom Name Change Attorneys

We offer customized legal solutions that take our client’s needs and objectives into account

Affordable Sacramento County Name Change Attorneys

Changing Your Name During or After Divorce

As a family law client of our firm, we will explain to you how to change your name when you file a Petition for Dissolution. This is the simplest and least costly way to restore your former name.  If, however, you have already received a Judgement of Dissolution we can still assist you with restoring your former name through an Ex Parte Application with the court.


Petition for Name Change

The desire to change one’s name may also arise after marriage.  It is not uncommon for families to petition the court to change surnames long after the marriage took place, or upon the birth of a child. Our office has worked with individuals who decided after the fact that he or she would prefer to take their spouse’s name or, in other cases, where two spouses have instead chosen to combine their surnames into a new name. Our office can efficiently work with you to get the correct information filed with the court and advise you on the next steps to take.

Our office can also assist you with changing your name for various other reasons, including that you dislike your current name, want to conform your name to your gender identity, or want to legally reflect the name you go by.  

Contact us for a free consultation and we can answer questions that you may have about the process.

Petition for Change of Name and Gender

If you have undergone clinically approved treatment for a change of gender you may petition the court to legally change both your name and gender.  We pride ourselves on keeping abreast of the latest statutory changes in our practice areas and can explain what the recent changes to the law mean for changing your legal documents to match your gender identity.

Our office is also available to assist clients with changing a Birth Certificate either in conjunction with or after a name change.

Contact the Folsom name change attorneys at Mayer & Young, PC  for more information on how we can legally change your name.


Folsom name change attorneys

Skip to content